It seems like people are selling so many unnecessary services these days, doesn’t it? Is air duct cleaning one of them? Do you need air duct cleaning in your life? And does it make it any better?
If your HVAC system isn’t performing normally, it’s most likely that you need duct cleaning. It is not an unnecessary service, when you hire professional duct cleaners you get some real use out of it. So, when do you know you need air duct cleaning?
When do you know you need air duct cleaning?
- Got any pets?: When you have pets, fluffy felines especially, they shed hair everywhere. You have to naturally vacuum more often just to keep the house and the carpet clean. It’s not just the floors your pet’s tiny strands of hair affect, it might get into your air duct system as well, and it can create dust.
- Has your home suffered any damage?: If your home has gone through any damages like extreme weather, flood, fire or if it has snowed inside, you do need duct cleaning.
Extreme weather and its aftermath can have your ducts damaged, so it’s safer to get them checked by a professional.
- Is this your new home? : If you’re moving into a new home, it’s smart to have the ducts cleaned before moving in the new house. Air duct cleaning your new home ensures that HVAC is clean and dust free, all the dust that belonged to the previous owner, gone! It’s a much better and fresher start.
- Do you often smoke inside? : Whether its you or anyone else in your family, if there’s someone who’s smoking indoors in your home, it is important to get the air ducts cleaned. It keeps the system running smoothly and air inside clean.
Remember that smoking affects the quality of indoor air, thus, ventilation is essential.
- Got vermin in your roof?: This one does depend on where you live as well. Has your roof seem tumbling round of wild animals, have you heard them scratching or seen any traces?
Once you handle the wild animal problem in your roof, it is important to get the ducts cleaned. Any unwanted feces, urine or fur left will be taken out.
- Someone in your family as asthma?: With dirty ducts it is easy to initiate allergies, especially on those who are allergic to begin with. Dirty air ducts aren’t that great for anyone with asthma as well. They will suffer a great deal. So, have your air ducts cleaned regularly.
What might professional air duct cleaners find in your duct?
From excessive dust, vermin to mold professional duct cleaners encounter some nasty things in your ducts. You’ll be surprised to know that your ducts been home to so many nuisances.
Mold is a very serious issue. If you have mold outside your duct, then you need to organize a mold remediation team urgently. And if the duct cleaners find mold inside your duct, you might need to change the system itself.